Bake your own masterpiece with this Pop’t Art recipe straight from the Epcot International Festival of the Arts.
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 egg white
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3–4 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
FOR SUGAR COOKIE:
- Cream the sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until fluffy. Add egg white and beat for 1 minute.
- Slowly add sifted flour and salt and beat at medium speed until a soft dough forms.
- Cover bowl and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone baking mat.
- Roll dough into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into six, 3×5-inch rectangles.
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread on each cookie, leaving a border of about 1/8 inch around the edges of each cookie.
- Set aside.
- Whisk powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons of the milk, and the vanilla extract in a pie plate until smooth. Add additional milk if the glaze is too thick.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of glaze in a small bowl.
- Dip each cookie, chocolate-hazelnut side down, in the glaze to cover the chocolate.
- Set on a wire rack to dry.
- Mix remaining glaze with desired color or colors of food coloring. Use a fork to drizzle colored glaze on top of the cookies.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens.
The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc.,
and may not be reproduced without express permission.